Thursday, July 30, 2009















BOATING ADVENTURE








Wednesday, Nancy, Her Brother Gordon, Gordon’s Wife Ann, and I went boating on nearby Howard Prairie Lake.

We just cruised the lake perimeter to enjoy the scenery and had a picnic lunch aboard. We saw several species of birds: Osprey, White Pelicans, Canvas Back Duck, Grebe, Pintail Duck,

The lake is about five miles long and averages about two miles wide and is totally surrounded by forest; it has nice clear, cool, water, and plenty of fish.

I did manage to take some pictures; the lovely lady is Nancy, my 4 wheeling wife.

We are planning to go to Lake of the woods next Sunday for some adventure sailing in my old Nordska, “Valkyrie”, and Gordon’s 16’ Hobi Cat. I’ll definitely have pictures for that trip to post afterwards.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

Looks like a blast out there on the old pontoon boat. I'll be interested in hearing how your Lake o the Woods sailing adventure goes. --- Mike

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones