Friday, July 10, 2009



HELLO, I'M BACK!


No new consulting work in 2009 to speak of

I Bought a new ATV in February: a Yamaha Grizzly, 700cc engine displacement, Fuel Injected, Automatic Transmission, Electric Power Steering, and a 3200 Lb winch

We have been ATV riding in the local wilderness, with our good friend John Paradis, nearly every weekend on average
Klamath River Gorge both sides 4 times each
Chiloquin Ridge 2 times
Chicken Hills 1 time
Hamaker Mountain 3 times
Chase Mountain 1 time
Pelican Butte 1 time
Stukel Mountain 4 times

Our local Reading group is still meeting every Wednesday at 1:00PM; were into, Great Decisions 5, Anthology now.


Recreational reading ongoing at a slower pace than normal; I’ve read a couple of Clive Cussler, and WEB Griffin novels so far this year

Through a friend, of long ago, Linda Hoffman, I was turned on to a WWW based organization: BookCrossing. It’s really cool. One leaves a book in a public place where it will be certainly found; inside the book one places a permanent identification number along with the URL of BookCrossing. The finder is requested to read the book, go to the WEB site and record the findings, then set the book free again. Hopefully the book will travel far and wide and one can enjoy following its progress. Here is a link to my page: BookCrossing - the Rexphilip bookshelf

I Resumed my interest in target shooting, both pistols and rifles

I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes last May; and I’m now taking Insulin injections once a day and watching my diet a little closer. My blood sugar is now under control at normal levels as well as my blood pressure. I have not felt better, then I do now, in many, many, years.

Good things still happen: I lost my $500.00 portable GPS while out in the woods on my ATV. Three weeks later there was a advertisement in the Lost & Found section of the local newspaper announcing it’s discovery; I answered the Ad, accurately described it, and the finder returned it to me; and, he would not accept a reward! Something like this renews one’s faith in the general good nature of one’s fellow human beings.

This is all for now; I will try to be more attentive to the BLOG in the future

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones