Wednesday, November 14, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW

American Gangster:

I was disappointed.

My expectations may have been too high, thinking that each succeeding film must be better than the previous ones: Man on Fire and Training Day.

This one is a distant third on this list, and a distant sixth on the list of my all time favorite gangster films: Goodfellas, The Departed, Training Day, Man on Fire, Usual Suspects, and American Gangster.

In fact now that I think of it, the one about the bank robbery, I can’t recall the title, was better than AG.

And in case you are wondering: did he forget, The Godfather, no I didn’t, it’s not on my favorite list!

OBTW: Serpico and The French Connection would be ahead of AG too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

Do you mean "Inside Man"?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

Yes, that is it.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones