Wednesday, September 19, 2007

STUKEL MOUNTAIN

Yesterday I went to the top of Stukel Mountain for the first time since my coming to the Klamath Basin seven years ago.

Stukel Mountain is about two miles south of the outskirts of the city of Klamath Falls. This full picture of the mountain was taken from my neighborhood looking SE at approximately two miles distant.

It has taken me these seven years to discover the access road up there. It seems to be a secret closely held by the local natives. I was once led to believe that it was private property. One of the other prominent mountains, “Hogback”, surrounding the city is.

Stukel Mountain is 6,200 in elevation, rising abruptly 2,000 foot above the surrounding basin floor; it covers some 100 square miles in area stretching ten miles at its base in both the north/south and east/west directions. It has several main peaks.
If one clicks on this LINK one will be redirected to an interactive, 360 Deg. panoramic, photo of the surrounding countryside, from the top of the mountain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

Hi Philip, finally catching up on your blog. Great entries! I finally get to see Tides Tavern at Gig Harbor - what a treat. I liked the nonstop bird flight record, though I haven't worked out the numbers, I'm skeptical; it seems too tough to fly that much!
Glad you finally made it to Stukel Mtn, another treat I'm sure. Later...

mk

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones