Tuesday, October 16, 2007

KLAMATH FALLS FOREIGN FILM FESTIVAL
KFFFF

This week we have the pleasure of a Foreign Film Festival at the Pelican Cinema, here in beautiful Klamath Falls. We even get a discounted ticket price of, $5.50 general admission!

We have four films for the week: Moliere, Vitus, Once, and Paprika.

Of the four I have seen Paprika and Moliere so far, I’ll get to the other two before weeks end.

Paprika: I did not care for at all! It does have fairly good reviews but I just could not connect with it. Maybe it’s a little to Asian and a little to far behind my generation? I left the theatre about half way through the film.

Moliere: I loved it! A story within a story about Moliere himself, a well regarded seventeenth century French author. The story is a classical Farce in the sprit of Tartuffe and The Misanthrope (both also available on DVD). Everything about the film is good: story, acting, cinematography, costume, directing. I highly recommend this film!
We viewed Tartuffe (on DVD) four years ago, in our Great Books Reading Group, and as I remember it was a very good film too.

I’ll post reviews on, Once and Vitus, at the week’s end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one (Moliere) that I added to my Netflix queue.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones