Wednesday, June 09, 2021

ALAN WATTS


 Well, something a little more intellectually interesting tonight.  Alan Watts.

Back in the mid-60s, I used to listen to FM Radio, in the evenings as it was the only entertainment I had at the time, we chose not to have a television.  One of my favorite radio stations was KFMB on which I believe Alan had a local Los Angeles radio broadcast.  I remember I really liked his personality and his philosophical discussion topics, Buddhism, general Philosophy, and Theology.  I was fairly young at the time, 23 through 25 or so.  At the beginning of my listening to his broadcasts, I was completely ignorant of the Eastern philosophies but I soon came to appreciate the thoughts and ideas within them.  I have mildly continued to enjoy reading and listening to some throughout the following years.  Even Kim's crush, Sam Harris.  Alan was born in England in 1915, came to the U.S. in the 1930s, lived primarily in the Bay area of S.F., died in 1973.

In my opinion, he was a great man.

Has anyone else had any experience with Alan?  If so, let us know what you thought of him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

I kind of recognize the name, but that's about it.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones