Tuesday, June 01, 2021


 OK, I'm back for another try.

I was in a bad mood and should have just not posted for a short period of time, but I must have just wanted to express my frustration.

My main activity recently has been developing CAD drawings of various subjects with frustrating results, I cannot stay interested in a subject all the way to completion, restless mind syndrome I guess.

I have been watching and listening to some video series' that are very interesting to me: The Chosen video and Jung on Audible.  Both are very interesting but somewhat separated themes. 

I have a new subject of interest I have been thinking about lately; Movie Theaters.  Due to the shutdowns resulting from the Covid 19 restrictions, and the advancements of television broadcasting, video streaming, in particular, it seems probable to me that the motion picture theaters may not reopen.  Does anyone else share my opinion?

Another item of interest to me: Electric, Fat Tired, Bicycle. Anyone out there know anything about them?

One more subject to try to get some dialog going here.  Contemporary intellectuals:  if you have a favorite let us know who it is and some background information on them.  I will post mine tomorrow.

Rex

4 Comments:

Blogger NightOwl said...

Miss us already?
Just this afternoon it was reported that movie theaters are re-opened and have phenomenal attendance.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Mike King said...

I seriously am having a hard time remembering the last time I even went to a movie theatre! I remember seeing The Martian with Matt Damian. I'm pretty sure that I've been at least one more time since then but I can't remember what movie it was. I can't explain why I don't go anymore. I think maybe the 2 hour movie format is less interesting than 11 episode seasons on TV?????

9:40 PM  
Blogger Mike King said...

I'm interested in Stephen Pinker, John McWhorter, Ricky Gervais, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Malcolm Gladwell to name a few. Sorry I'm not following instructions and picking just one and giving background on them.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

Wow, what a response, thank you all.
I'm like Kim in that I have difficulty naming just one. But for the moment I will have to pick Jordan Peterson. I like his personality, his intensity, his intellect, and his worldview in general. I believe that he has been the most viewed individual on YouTube for the past year. I will post a list of a few more of my favorites tomorrow.
NightOwl, that really surprises me. I guess it does serve the purpose of getting one outside the home once in a while, and that popcorn is mighty good.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones