Thursday, May 06, 2021

 Kim & Night Owl

First, thanks for the replies, I'm really surprised and happy to receive them.

Second, I assume you both are talking about Elon in the replies of being a character and Mars.  Yes, he is a character, but a good one in my opinion, and he seems to be serious about getting to Mars in his lifetime.

Third, Walter Hooper & C. S. Lewis, I can't make up my mind between the two, it is like trying to pick your favorite sibling, I guess I like them equally, but in slightly different ways.  C.S. Lewis, again, in my opinion, was an extraordinary man.  His lifetime body of work was not just writing children's stories, but even those had disguised hidden meanings.  Most of his work was philosophically tainted theological commentary. I have only read four or five of his books so far and have enjoyed them very much.  I have watched several film and video presentations such as those on SITC.  Besides the two I suggested there are a couple more on SITC, one by Michael Ward that is good, and several on youtube.

Another interest of mine, that I have not mentioned until now is SITC; Eric Metaxas has some very interesting intellectuals as guests in his presentations.  Thomas Sowell & Malcolm Gladwell are a couple that comes to mind right off.

Well, I'll sign off for today, hope to get to reply to more of your comments,

Rexnemo

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

Maybe I'll look for the Malcolm Gladwell one. No guarantees though (there is just tooo much to do these days). I'm now getting interested in the native plants of Oregon. We hiked the loop at Silver Falls yesterday and I had to stop every 5 minutes to look up this and that. I hope to plant many of them in my backyard.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mike King said...

Mike and I watched the Gladwell SITC for David and Goliath. I really liked Gladwell. Maybe I'll pick up another one of his books!

4:48 PM  
Blogger NightOwl said...

I’m a big fan of Sewell. Sewell for President! I know he’s too old. Yet what an icon of common sense.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones