Thursday, June 29, 2006

JOHN KERRY

Bill O’Reilly interviewed John Kerry on his television show this evening, and for myself it was a seminal event.

John came across with a very sober, intelligent, and sincere attitude.

They were both respectful of one another, and discussed several of the current issues in the news today.

John answered all questions directly without deflecting or spinning. Most of his answers, were sensible, from my general point of view anyway, and free of party line rhetoric. I wished that they could have spent more time discussing issues together.

If John could have come across as sincere, intelligent and practical, in his presidential campaign of 2004, he might have won the election.

The next time I see or hear him speak his opinion, and if he continues with this attitude, I will listen to what he has to say, instead of blowing him off as I have in the past.

I’m hoping this is something new for John which will be continued. Also: I would hope that all politicos would recognize this type of attitude and let it become the norm across all political parties, and at all levels of government.

For our country to continue to be strong, secure, peaceful, prosperous, and maintain our worldwide leadership heritage, we must have mutually respectful, citizens, candidates, and leaders.

I challenge everyone, citizens and politicos alike, to take up this attitude, and be proud of us, and our elected representatives, regardless of who the winners may be.

Is there anyone out there willing to pick up the gauntlet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones