Tuesday, November 21, 2006





FLIGHT SIMULATOR X DELUXE EDITION

I’ve just purchased and installed Flight Simulator X, Deluxe Edition, and I’m very excited about it. It offers some good aircraft selections, great graphics, and 24,000 airports around the world. I can take off from my local airport in Klamath Falls, Kingsley Field, and fly all over the familiar landscape of Southern Oregon; I swear, I can almost see my house as I fly over its location, well sort of, anyway.

In the simulations, the landscapes and weather are seasonally sensitive; that is they are represented as they might be for the time of year you are actually flying; like right now when I fly out of Kingsley Field the weather is cloudy and patchy snow is on the higher elevations.

Microsoft has set up an official Web Site for the game. They have a lot of information there and some cool screen shots. They also have a free Trial Version to download.

I highly recommend giving it a try or at least give the web site a look.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Happy flight simulator X Thanksgiving from the OK state!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Hunter and a happy Thanksgiving to you too.Tonight I flew a Piper Cub J3 from Kingsly Field (Klamath Falls) to Crater Lake and back again. It took almost an hour! The PC only flys at 60-70- MPH.
I then flew a Grumman Goose from Long Beach to Santa Cruze I, Santa Barbara I and then to San Clemente I. All that took about an half an hour; the Goose does 160-180MPH!
Love, Gramps Philip

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. Sounds great! Let's see....where do I want to fly to?

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones