Sunday, September 24, 2006

ANOTHER SKEPTIC SOCIETY LECTURE

Today I went to another Skeptic Society lecture on the Caltech campus, in Pasadena CA.

My daughter, Kim, was with me today, we had a nice lunch at Burger Continental, then the lecture.

Today’s lecturer was, Michael Shermer, the Founder and President of the Skeptic Society; his subject was his recently published book: Why Darwin Matters.

We both enjoyed the lecture, which inspired us for an interesting sharing of opinions on personal ethics and morality afterwards.

Next month, 10-28-2006, the lecturer will be Dr. Richard Dawkins. A large turnout is expected for this lecture. It will be held on the Caltech campus, but instead of the usual Baxter Hall venue, it will presented in a much larger venue, Beckman Auditorium; the tickets for this lecture will have to be purchased directly from the Caltech Ticket Office: events@caltech.edu or 626-395-4652.

I will be attending the Dawkins lecture myself, if I happen to be in town next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones