Saturday, September 02, 2006

CHANNEL ISLAND CRUISE

On this, my birthday weekend, I’m packing my “Sea Bag” for my trip down to Southern California, and the setting out on our: “Channel Island Cruise 2006.”

Ron Reinert and I are debarking Long Beach to cruise the Channel Islands once more. The difference this time is that we are planning on staying out for four whole weeks.

In contrast to this trip, our past trips have been from ten days to two weeks, from which we were always sad and reluctant to return from what seemed like much too short an adventure.

In the past, we were both working and using our limited vacation time for these trips. The difference now is that we are both retired, and can afford to spend as much time as we please.

Well, there is the rub: how much time is, “as much time as we please?” I guess we will soon find out. Of course there are many variables we might encounter on any trip out into the realm of the sea: Weather, probably the most important of them, mechanical troubles, health, and boredom rounding out the most likely of a infinitely long list.

With all the above aside, here is THE PLAN:
From Long Beach, in successive order, we will voyage to the following destinations: Newport Beach, Dana Point, Oceanside, Mission Bay, San Clemente I, Catalina I, Santa Barbara I, San Nicholas I, Santa Cruz I, and Channel Islands Harbor; at this point we will re-access our enthusiasm and interests, determine the remaining destinations of the cruise, and ultimately arrive back in Long Beach.

It is my ambitious plan to document the trip with digital pictures and notes, as we go; and then assemble them all together into a Power Point Presentation, when I return.

If we find any Wireless Internet “Hot Spots”, along the way, I will try to send out some emails with rough notes, and images attached.

Farewell, fair winds, and fair seas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

This will be a great trip. I'm so envious! If you need someone to clean out the bilge or run the bbq from say, Dana Pt the Oceanside, let me know. I think I have 10 hours of vacation left this year, but I can call in sick for a couple of days!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones