Sunday, October 29, 2006


L.A. REX, by Will Beall:

This Novel ranks along with some of the other great novels of this genre; such as Joseph Wambaugh’s: The Blue Knight, The New Centurions, and The Choir Boys.

From its South Central Los Angeles location, the action blazes on every page; and for those of you from Southern California: you will recognize many of the landmarks, streets, and neighborhoods, in which the action takes place.

I read it straight through, in four consecutive evening readings; it was so gripping I just could not leave it alone. I may read it again, soon!

The book has been optioned for a Hollywood movie by: Scott Rudin. I hope it gets made, and cast with worthy actors; maybe Edward Norton as Ben Halloran, Edward James Olmos as Miguel Marquez, and Snoop Dogg as Darius; if so: it will be a great film!

I hope some of you read it. If you do, I would love to hear about your reaction to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones