Friday, November 17, 2006



LIONHEART

Oh fond memories! Sometimes they seem like it was better than it really was!

I recently ran across this picture of Capt’n Ron Reinert at the helm (Tiller) of my old Catboat Lionheart and it brought back many fond memories of Ron and I sailing her all over San Diego Bay, from Chula Vista to Point Loma, and back again.

We sailed her down in San Diego for about three years and then another year in Long Beach and Los Angeles Harbors, from Belmont Shore to San Pedro.

In the summer of 2000 Mike King, my Son-in-Law, and I sailed her to Catalina Island and back.

I sold her when I retired and moved to Oregon. I really wish I had not done that now. Klamath Lake, here in Klamath Falls, would have been a perfect environment for her; Her shallow draft and stability would be ideal for this lake’s shallow waters.

I sure do miss her; reminiscing over these pictures really makes me want another Catboat.


Maybe someday I will…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm so sorry you regret selling her! Mike and I looked for her in Alamitos Bay about a month or two ago and didn't see her. Will keep our eyes open though (especially if she has a "For Sale" sign on her).

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones