Thursday, May 31, 2007



GREAT CONVERSATIONS III

Well, we finished reading in The Civically Engaged Reader and are now reading the first selection from Great Conversations III: Chaucer’s, The Pardoner’s Tale!

We did most, but not all, the selections from TCER as everyone was anxious to get back into GC III.

Great Conversations III consists of fifteen short selections plus two full length selections, Machiavelli’s The Prince and Bronte’s Jane Eyre, at the end.

I’ll post the highlights of any spirited conversations if/as they occur.

Great Conversations is part of the Great Books Foundation.
Great Conversations is a text based Socratic Method of learning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane Eyre is one of my all time favorites. Let me know when you read it. Maybe I can join in somehow from a distance. My friend Dawn and I watch a Masterpiece Theatre version of Jane Eyre last night (I recorded it about 2 months ago, so I think it's a current version). It deviated from the book a bit, but I was OK with that (usually I'm not). I enjoyed this version because it did a good job of depicting both the spiritual and physical connection between Jane and Mr. Rochester. Although they felt the need to repeatedly hit you over the head with the spirtual connection thing via a pair of twins that they added to the story, etc., etc. - alright already, we get it! :-)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll send you a list of the questions from our anthology and you can write your opinions back to all of us via email. We will then include them in our discussion.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones