Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It is just another beautiful day, here in the Klamath Basin. Today is Wednesday, and therefore, Great Conversations reading group day! Today was the last of the short stories and annotated selections, and was: Boys and Girls, a short story by Alice Munro. Our next two, and final selections for this series, are: Narrative of the life of Fredrick Douglass, an American Slave, by Fredrick Douglas, and Seize the Day, by Saul Bellow. Today's discussion was one of the few, we have had, that everyone was so enthusiastically impressed by. At just thirteen pages, this short story provided us with three hours of lively discussion. This was my first experience with this author. I'm looking forward to reading more from her collection of short stories. I sincerely encourage everyone to give her a read; 0ne can google her work and Bio. This is all I have for now; I will try to post again tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike King said...

I'll have to check out the Munro story. I've yet to join one of these discussion groups, wary of the membership discussions I suppose... To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would accept me as a member.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go as someone else!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones